Families will find kid-friendly activities in Pocatello, and visitors give high marks for the world-class hot springs and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, casinos, and university setting.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Pocatello
- The closest major airport is in Pocatello, ID (PIH-Pocatello Regional), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Idaho Falls, ID (IDA-Idaho Falls Regional), 48.8 mi (78.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pocatello
Cultural venues in the city include L.E. and Thelma E. Stephens Performing Arts Center, Idaho Potato Museum, and The South Bannock County Historical Center Museum. Families come for attractions such as Pocatello Zoo, Lava Hot Springs Olympic Swimming Pool and Water Park, and Lava Hot Springs Foundation. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hot springs and Jensen Grove Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Pocatello. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Pocatello - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Lions Gate Manor Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pocatello - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Pocatello
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- Pocatello gets about 12.05 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F