Visiting Pompano Beach
Travelers to Pompano Beach give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and lively bar scene. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its live music and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Fort Lauderdale Stadium, Deerfield Beach Pier, and Mizner Park.
- You'll find 1786 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Lauderdale
- The closest major airport is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Boca Raton, FL (BCT), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pompano Beach
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Pompano Beach Amphitheatre. Attractions like Pompano Beach Aquatics Center and Planet Air Sports are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's beaches and sunrises provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Fern Forest Nature Park.
In Pompano Beach, you'll be able to select from 247 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Le Cabanon Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Cottages by the Ocean - Our customers love the helpful staff at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Pompano Beach FL - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable beds.
Top places to visit outside the city include Fort Lauderdale Stadium, located 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Deerfield Beach Pier, which is 5.6 mi (9 km) away.
Getting Around Pompano Beach
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Pompano Beach Station. Pompano Beach may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Pompano Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- Pompano Beach gets about 57.32 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F