Visitors can enjoy all that Rensselaer has to offer including the university setting, riverfront, and churches. This city also attracts tourists with its countryside setting.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Rensselaer
- The closest major airport is in Lafayette, IN (LAF-Purdue University), 40.3 mi (64.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rensselaer
The university setting is a highlight of the city and St Joseph's Chapel is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Curtis Creek Country Club to your agenda.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Rensselaer
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Rensselaer Station. Rensselaer might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Rensselaer
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 39.37 inches of rain falls on Rensselaer each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F