Riverside Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 32 economical motels in Riverside among more than 91 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Riverside. Not-to-be-missed sights include Citrus State Historic Park, March Field Air Museum, and Desert Hills Premium Outlets.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was invented in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' favorite Riverside motels to select from:
Days Inn by Wyndham Banning Casino/Outlet Mall
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of San Jacinto Mountains.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Motel 6 Riverside South
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a short 6-minute drive of Citrus State Historic Park.
Motel 6 Corona
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Citrus State Historic Park and California Baptist University.
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Riverside Convention Center and University of California-Riverside.
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Thunderbird Lodge in Riverside
- Stay within a quick 2-minute drive of Riverside Convention Center.
- Enjoy access to the spa tub, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Riverside
Check out the college campus and enjoy the lively festivals in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. Those visiting Riverside speak highly of the entertainment, riverfront, and restaurants.
Here are some popular places:
- Citrus State Historic Park
- March Field Air Museum
- Desert Hills Premium Outlets
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- San Jacinto Mountains
- Mount Rubidoux Park
- Box Springs Mountain Reserve Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Castle Park Amusement Park
- University of California Riverside Botanic Gardens
- World's Biggest Dinosaurs-Cabazon Dinosaurs
Riverside is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Riverside
Determine the optimal time to visit Riverside by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 73° F and nighttime temperatures average 43° F
- April-June: 89° F is the daytime average and 48° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 95° F and nighttime averages are around 59° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 86° F during the day and 42° F at night
- Average rainfall is 11.54 inches in a year
How to Get to Riverside and Around the Area
|San Bernardino, CA (SBD-San Bernardino Intl.) ||Airport ||11 mi (17.8 km) |
|Ontario, CA (ONT-Los Angeles - Ontario Intl.) ||Airport ||13.5 mi (21.7 km) |
|Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne) ||Airport ||34.8 mi (56 km) |
|Riverside-Downtown Station ||Train Station ||0.5 mi (0.7 km) |
|Moreno Valley/March Field Station ||Train Station ||6.8 mi (11 km) |
|Riverside-La Sierra Station ||Train Station ||7.8 mi (12.6 km) |