Visiting Saint Joseph
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Saint Joseph, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- You'll find 334 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Benton Harbor
- The closest major airport is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 29.5 mi (47.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.), 48.2 mi (77.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint Joseph
The city's beaches and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Silver Beach. You'll also find Harbor Shores Golf Club and Lake Michigan College in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Saint Joseph. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Dove Nest Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St Joseph - Our customers like the central location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Boulevard Inn & Bistro - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Getting Around Saint Joseph
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Saint Joseph is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from St. Joseph-Benton Harbor Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Saint Joseph
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Saint Joseph gets about 36.30 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F