Travelers to Sausalito give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seaside. Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, and Palace of Fine Arts are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 566 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sausalito
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Horseshoe Cove, Marin Headlands, and Nike Missile Site SF-88. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sausalito Visitors Kiosk and San Francisco Bay Model Visitor Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Sausalito. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cavallo Point - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to shopping.
- HI Marin Headlands Hostel - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this hostel. This 2-star hostel features free WiFi, free parking, and conference space.
- Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Golden Gate Bridge, located 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center, and Alcatraz Island, which is 3.8 mi/6 km away.
Dressing for Sausalito
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 23.15 inches of rain falls on Sausalito each year
- October and September are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F