Find Motels in Scranton
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020
Other property types in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Reviewed on Jan 20, 2021
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Reviewed on Dec 11, 2020
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Reviewed on Jan 20, 2021
Scranton Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 5 affordable motels in Scranton among more than 72 lodging choices. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Scranton has to offer. Top sights include Mohegan Sun Arena in Scranton, as well as Montage Mountain Ski Resort in the area.
Fun fact: Motels in the U.S. boomed after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended Scranton motels available to book:
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Mohegan Sun Arena and University of Scranton.
- Enjoy access to the free parking, spa tub, and 24-hour front desk.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- It's located within a short 7-minute drive of University of Scranton.
- Stay within a short 7-minute drive of University of Scranton.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a coffee maker.
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Montage Mountain Ski Resort and University of Scranton.
- Enjoy access to the fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in ScrantonWhile you're exploring this family-friendly, historical area, take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. People who've visited Scranton love its shops and theater scene.
Must-see places in and around Scranton include:
- Mohegan Sun Arena
- Montage Mountain Ski Resort
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Nay Aug Park
- Montage Mountain Wildflower Sanctuary
- Seven Tubs Natural Area
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Lahey Family Fun Park
- Montage Mountain Waterpark
- Claws 'N' Paws Wild Animal Park
Scranton is also popular for its:
- Live music
- Casino gaming
Best Time to Visit ScrantonDecide when you'd like to visit Scranton by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 52° F and nighttime temperatures average 18° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 33° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 82° F and nighttime averages are around 47° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 20° F at night
- Average rainfall is 38.27 inches in a year
How to Get to Scranton and Around the Area
|Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.)||Airport||6 mi (9.6 km)|