Visiting Shasta Lake
Visitors can enjoy all that Shasta Lake has to offer including the lakeside setting and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Redding
- The closest major airport is in Redding, CA (RDD-Redding Municipal), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Shasta Lake
A favorite place to visit in the city is Whiskeytown Shasta Trinity National Recreation Area. In the area, you'll also find Shasta Dam and Waterworks Park.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Shasta Dam Motel - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Shasta Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 95°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 100°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Shasta Lake is 31.69 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 97°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 37°F