Visiting Silver Bay
Visitors to Silver Bay are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its water parks.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Silver Bay
- The closest major airport is in Duluth, MN (DLH-Duluth Intl.), 52.7 mi (84.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Silver Bay
Notable city landmarks like Shovel Point and Split Rock Lighthouse State Park might be worth a visit. The lakeside and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Superior National Forest, Lake Superior, and Black Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Tettegouche Trail to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Silver Bay. Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Cove Point Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Silver Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 40°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 4°F as the nighttime average
- Silver Bay gets about 31.18 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°F