Travelers to Solvang give high marks for the shopping, array of wineries, and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its local tours, cafés, and sporting events. Top sights in the area include Presidio Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County Courthouse, and Mission Santa Barbara.
- You'll find 356 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Barbara, CA (SBA-Santa Barbara Municipal), 21.8 mi (35 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Solvang
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Hans Christian Andersen Museum, Wildling Museum, and Solvang Festival Theater. The picturesque setting of Sunny Fields Park and Hans Christian Andersen Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Taking local tours, biking, and wine tasting are top activities, while sights to visit include Buttonwood Farm Winery & Vineyard and Lincourt Vineyards.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Solvang. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ballard Inn & Gathering Table - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- New Haven Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this inn. Amenities at this 2.5-star inn include free parking and free WiFi.
- Hotel Corque - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Dressing for Solvang
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Solvang gets about 21.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 38°F