Visiting St. Thomas
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in St. Thomas, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Top sights in the city include Blackbeard's Castle, Emancipation Garden, and Fort Christian.
- There are 263 hotels and other accommodations in St. Thomas
- The closest major airport is in St. Thomas (SPB-St. Thomas Seaplane Base), 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Thomas (STT-Cyril E. King), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Thomas
Notable city landmarks like Blackbeard's Castle and Fort Christian might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Emancipation Garden, Magens Bay Park, and Coki Beach. Snorkeling is just one of the top activities, while Yacht Haven Grande Marina and American Yacht Harbor are sights to visit.
In St. Thomas, there are 263 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Marbella Suites - This 3-star guesthouse features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Virgin Islands Campground - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this cabin. This 2-star cabin features free WiFi, a spa tub, and a free area shuttle.
- Wyndham Margaritaville St Thomas - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Battery, located 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city center, and Trunk Bay, which is 11.2 mi (18 km) away.
Dressing for St. Thomas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 78°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- St. Thomas gets about 39.33 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 73°F