Find Hotels in Washington, DC
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 12, 2020
Where to stay in Washington
Downtown Washington D.C.
4.5/5Wonderful!(6,676 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums and important monuments, there's plenty to explore in Downtown Washington D.C.. Check out top attractions like International Spy Museum and Capital One Arena, and jump on the metro at McPherson Sq. Station or Center Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(371 area reviews)
Georgetown is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to Georgetown Waterfront Park and Tudor Place while you're in town.
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,793 area reviews)
Visitors to Dupont Circle love its fantastic nightlife, and you can check out Dupont Circle and Phillips Collection. If you want to see more in the area, you can get around town on the metro at Dupont Circle Station.
4/5Very Good!(2,968 area reviews)
Known for its fascinating museums and important monuments, there's plenty to explore in Capitol Hill. Check out top attractions like United States Capitol and Washington Navy Yard, and jump on the metro at Capitol South Station or Eastern Market Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,220 area reviews)
Important monuments and popular shops are a few of the things travelers enjoy most about Foggy Bottom. A visit to Watergate Complex or World Bank is also recommended, and you can jump aboard the metro at Foggy Bottom Station to get around town.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Washington, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, important monuments, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, entertainment choices, and shopping. Top sights in the city include International Spy Museum, Capital One Arena, and Ford's Theater.
- There are 976 hotels and other accommodations in Washington
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Washington
Known for its museums, art, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include International Spy Museum, Ford's Theater, and National Museum of Natural History. Attractions like Smithsonian's National Zoo, National Aquarium, and The Capital Wheel are fun for kids of all ages. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include White House, Smithsonian Castle, and Washington Monument.
In Washington, you'll find 976 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Malolo Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Jefferson, Washington, DC - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Dupont Circle can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- HighRoad Hostel DC - This 2-star hostel in Adams Morgan features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a computer station. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Washington include Capital One Arena, National Mall, and National Museum of American History. Popular places to see in the area include Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, 2.6 mi/4.2 km from the heart of the city, and Iwo Jima Memorial, which is 2.6 mi (4.3 km) away.
Getting Around Washington
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Washington is easy. Nearby metro stations include 7th St. Convention Center Station, Gallery Place Chinatown Station, and Center Station. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Washington Union Station.
Dressing for Washington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Washington is 39.74 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Washington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Washington, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Washington?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Washington?
What's the best place to stay in Downtown Washington D.C.?
What's a favorite place to stay in Dupont Circle?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation to Washington?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation in Washington?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Washington?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Washington?
What's the best hotel to stay near National Mall?
Recent reviews of Washington hotels
More trip options
- Washington Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Washington Airports
- Hotels in Washington Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Washington Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Washington
- More Hotel Options in Washington
- Washington Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in District of Columbia
- Other Hotels near Washington, District of Columbia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends