Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waterville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its university setting and shopping.
- You'll find 44 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Augusta
- The closest major airport is in Waterville, ME (WVL-Robert Lafleur), 2.8 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Augusta, ME (AUG-Augusta State), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterville
The city's cultural venues include Waterville Opera House and Redington Museum. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Colby College and Thomas College. Additionally, you might want to add Fort Halifax to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Waterville. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Waterville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fireside Inn & Suites Waterville - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waterville - North - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Waterville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- About 42.76 inches of rain falls on Waterville each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F