Families will find kid-friendly activities in Augusta, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodations in Augusta
- The closest major airport is in Augusta, ME (AUG-Augusta State), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Waterville, ME (WVL-Robert Lafleur), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Augusta
Cultural venues in the city include Maine State Museum, Waterville Opera House, and Children's Discovery Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Old Fort Western, Masonic Hall, and Old Western Fort. The city's natural beauty is on display at Capitol Park, Belgrade Lakes Chain, and Kennebec River Rail Trail.
In Augusta, there are 68 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Maple Hill Farm Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waterville - North - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Augusta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- Average annual rainfall for Augusta is 41.89 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 13°F