Travelers to Watford give high marks for the local tours, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, coffeehouses, and spas. Around the area, top sights include Wembley Stadium, Natural History Museum, and Windsor Castle.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Watford
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 15.4 mi (24.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Watford
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Watford Market is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Vicarage Road and Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Watford. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Grove - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction - Our customers like the quiet location and quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Jurys Inn London Watford - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Wembley Stadium, 8.4 mi/13.5 km from the city center, and Natural History Museum, which is 14.6 mi (23.4 km) away.
Getting Around Watford
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Watford is a breeze. Head to Watford Station to catch metro. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Watford High Street Station, Watford Junction Station, or Bushey Station.
Dressing for Watford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Watford gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F