Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wenatchee, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its baseball games, ski areas, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the area include Lake Chelan, Stevens Pass Ski Area, and Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.
- You'll find 804 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wenatchee - Lake Chelan
- The closest major airport is in Wenatchee, WA (EAT-Pangborn Memorial), 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wenatchee
The city's cultural venues include Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center and Numerica Performing Arts Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Cascade Range, Walla Walla Point Park, and Wenatchee Confluence State Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Pybus Public Market is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Wenatchee. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Warm Springs Inn & Winery - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hilton Garden Inn Wenatchee - Our customers like the central location and clean rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites at the Park - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is The Gorge Amphitheatre, located 27.3 mi (44 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Wenatchee
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Wenatchee Columbia Station. Wenatchee might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Wenatchee
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Wenatchee gets about 8.89 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 26°F