Top Cabo Bachelor Party Planning Questions, Answered
Congratulations! You’re getting hitched! Or maybe your best pal is getting hitched, and he put you in charge of planning the pre-nuptial bash. There’s no better way to celebrate your friendships and great memories than with an unforgettable bachelor party in Cabo! At the southernmost point of Mexico’s Baja Peninsula, Cabo San Lucas is bold, beautiful, and down for anything. Have the wild weekend you’d expect from a beach destination at the edge of the earth, or dial it back—a little—and embrace the energy and flavor of Cabo’s culinary and cultural heritage.
Ready to bid farewell to the single life and make a toast to your new adventure? We’ve got all the answers to your burning Cabo questions. Use these Cabo San Lucas bachelor party ideas to plan the getaway of the century!
Can I throw an outdoor bachelor party in Cabo?
Of course! Baja California Sur features a mix of desert terrain and beach towns. There are waves just waiting to be chased and caverns to explore. We can’t think of many experiences as thrilling as facing the future with the love of your life, but Cabo boasts a few ways to get the adrenaline flowing. Dive deep, swing through the trees, or blaze a new trail.
- Snorkel near the famous arch for your Cabo San Lucas bachelor party. You’ll get up close and personal with colorful fish in crystal-clear water and encounter mysterious caverns in the Gulf of California.
- Ride a zip-line over Cabo and walk the Los Cabos Canyon Bridge with your closest friends. It’s the ultimate affirmation that these guys have your back no matter what the future holds.
- Surf to the end of the world. OK, it’s just the end of the Baja Peninsula. Zippers is a popular break just west of the city, but if you don’t mind a rugged commute, Shipwrecks is a more secluded and equally awesome surf spot.
- Ride off-road ATVs on the desert trails near Margaritas Beach. Kick up some dust and challenge your crew to rugged terrain. Keep the coastline in sight for a refreshing dip.
Can I have my bachelor party at a spa?
Yes! You might wonder whether a luxed-out spa day is just for bachelorette parties, but self-care is for everyone! Set the tone with a therapeutic massage or treat your skin to some TLC after a long day in the sun.
- Desert Spa at Villa del Arco is the largest spa in the Baja California Sur and they offer several services to tackle issues like rough skin. Their signature hand grooming and pedicures especially for men are formulated to relieve stress and hit refresh.
- Senza Spa’s menu is gender-inclusive, plus they have a men’s facial that’s designed to soothe skin that has to contend with a razor day in and day out. Just imagine your entire entourage feeling good and ready to party!
Can I rent a cabana in Cabo
Rent a cabana to do a lazy-day celebration right. The best all-inclusive resorts for bachelor parties are the perfect places to throw a great cabana kickback in Cabo. Grab your towels, order a couple rounds, and don’t forget to charge it to the room.
Several Cabo resorts feature cabana rentals and poolside service for guests and visitors. Be sure to book your lounge area before you arrive, because that’s prime real estate.
- Cabo Villas Resort and Spa: Celebrate here with laidback resort vibes, excellent service, and views of Playa el Medano. Yes, beach views from the pool. It doesn’t get any better than this!
- Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos All Inclusive: Cabanas, lounge chairs, and a few waterslides are perfect for when your friend group wants to feel like rock stars.
- Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas: This is the place to be for luxury cabanas. We’re talking sofas, lounges, and plenty of space to stretch your legs.
Where can I find a Cabo San Lucas party boat?
Pro tip: Any boat could be a party boat in Cabo—just saying.
However, this trip is *probably* about putting the shenanigans behind you, right? Book a sunset party boat cruise by Baja Outback and save yourself the trouble of commissioning a boat and stocking the galley. The open bar and open horizon are a match made in heaven. Many unforgettable festivities have started at Marina of Cabo San Lucas, and your bachelor party is about to join the ranks. Beyond the marina, the route gets you up close with The Arch and Lover’s Beach.
What’s the best nightclub in Cabo?
When you’re ready to party in Cabo, keep in mind that Cabo San Lucas is known for a wild nightlife, while San Jose del Cabo is quieter and parties at a slower pace. But if you must pick one from these popular cities, start with these:
1112 Lázaro Cárdenas, Cabo San Lucas 23479
Let’s put it out there—La Vaquita serves drinks by the liter. There’s not much more to say, but yes, the drinks are big, the dance floor is hopping, and the mood is light. Plan ahead and score a La Vaquita club pass to skip the entrance line and get drinks all night.
AY AY AY
Calle Boulevard Antonio Mijares 27, San José del Cabo 23400
This bar and grill is the perfect place to spend some quality time with your crew—especially if you don’t take yourselves too seriously. The karaoke game is strong here (so are the drinks), and it is definitely a local haunt. Live bands and the outdoor dance floor make it the place to be on a hot Cabo evening.
Where should I stay for a party in Cabo?
If you want to wake up and go to sleep in the middle of a party, stay as close to the beaches and marina in Cabo San Lucas as you can get. Lazaro Cardenas is a main thoroughfare for nightclubs, high-end bars, and great Cabo hotels where you can catch a few quality Zs. Check these out:
- Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa: Is your mantra for this party “Go big or go home”? Marina Fiesta is huge, and you won’t ever want to leave. Enjoy the on-site dining a la carte or make this bachelor party in Cabo an all-inclusive Either way, you’ll be able to see the marina from the pool, which is pretty baller.
- Medano Hotel and Suites: Located in the heart of Cabo San Lucas nightlife, Medano is an oasis with private beach access, spacious rooms, and stellar ocean views.
- Hotel Boutique Casa Bella: This is the B&B of your dreams. A tropical garden setting and private balconies offer the ultimate retreat, but you’ll be just steps from the marina and great bars.
If you’re visiting Cabo San Lucas for the first time…
Cabo San Lucas International Airport
Flights to Cabo arrive at Los Cabos International Airport on the north side of San Jose del Cabo. The airport has three terminals, and you’ll likely arrive at Terminal 2, which handles most of the international flights. Take the 30-mile scenic route along the coast or save a few minutes with an inland route.
Getting Around Cabo
- Rideshare and taxi: Taxi and rideshare from the airport to a hotel downtown can be super convenient, but one way can cost $75-$100 USD to get from Jose del Cabo to Cabo San Lucas.
- Buses and shuttles: Your hotel may offer free or inexpensive shuttle services. Otherwise, several public-use buses provide service from the airport, and they are very affordable and safe.
- Driving: Traveling with a small group? If you can fit into one vehicle, renting a car may be the best way for you to get around, except when you’re barhopping. That is easy to do on foot in Cabo.
International travel tips for Cabo
If you’re planning to travel internationally to your bachelor party in Cabo, we have answers to some of your top questions:
- What is the legal drinking age in Mexico? The legal drinking age in Mexico is 18 years old.
- What is the best currency to use in Mexico? The Mexican peso is legal tender in Mexico. Many hotels in Cabo give you the option to pay in USD, but you will most likely get a better price by avoiding the exchange rate.
- How much should I tip the servers and bartenders in Cabo? Tip about 15% of your food or drink bill for good service. This could get you special treatment and upgrades in addition to good karma.
- Do I need a passport to visit Mexico? Yes. If you’re traveling to Mexico from another country, you need a valid passport to attend a Cabo bachelor party. U.S. citizens can receive a passport card that grants access to Mexico and Canada for a more affordable price. Find out more from the U.S. Department of State.
- Can I rent a car if my driver’s license is from a different country? Yes, as long as you are 25 or older and your driver’s license is valid (not expired or suspended), you may rent a car and/or drive in Mexico.
Header image attribution: Via DCornelius/Shutterstock.com
More Articles With Bachelor Bachelorette Party
Celebrating the single life in Baja California Sur