Find Hotels in Alexandria, VA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 3, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 9, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 28, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 12, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 26, 2020
Where to stay in Alexandria
Discover the popular shops in Crystal City, and if you want to see more of the city, jump on the metro at Crystal City Station.
Known for its fascinating museums and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Southwest. Check out top attractions like International Spy Museum and Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, and jump on the metro at Waterfront Station or L'Enfant Plaza Station to see more of the city.
While you're in Potomac West, take in top sights like Birchmere and jump on the metro at Braddock Rd Station to see more of the city.
While Taylor Run isn't home to many top sights, George Washington Masonic National Memorial and United States Patent and Trademark Office Museum are some notable places to visit nearby.
Rosemont might not have many top sights, but George Washington Masonic National Memorial and Birchmere are two attractions nearby that you can check out.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Alexandria, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and cafés. Around the area, top sights include Arlington National Cemetery, Jefferson Memorial, and Lincoln Memorial.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in Alexandria
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alexandria
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Inventors Hall of Fame and Museum, United States Patent and Trademark Office Museum, and Lyceum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like George Washington Masonic National Memorial, Old Presbyterian Meeting House, and Fort Ward. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Landmark Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Alexandria, there are 73 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Alexandria / Pentagon South - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria - Our customers like the quiet location and WiFi at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Old Town Alexandria can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Alexandria/Pentagon South - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and room size.
Popular places to see around the area include Arlington National Cemetery, 7.2 mi/11.6 km from the city center, and Jefferson Memorial, which is 8 mi (12.9 km) away.
Getting Around Alexandria
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Alexandria is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Huntington Station, Huntington Ave. Station, and Van Dorn Station. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Alexandria Station.
Dressing for Alexandria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Alexandria is 44.49 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Alexandria?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Alexandria, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Alexandria?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Alexandria?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Old Town Alexandria?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation to Alexandria?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Alexandria?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Alexandria?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Birchmere?
What about the best place to stay near Landmark Mall?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Alexandria?
What are some hotels with pools in Alexandria?
Recent reviews of Alexandria hotels
More trip options
- Alexandria Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Alexandria Airports
- Hotels in Alexandria Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Alexandria Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Alexandria
- More Hotel Options in Alexandria
- Alexandria Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Virginia
- Other Hotels near Alexandria, Virginia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends