Find Hotels in Berkeley, CA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 13, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 9, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2017
Reviewed on Aug 15, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 21, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 31, 2020
Where to stay in Berkeley
4/5Very Good!(147 area reviews)
Take time in Downtown Berkeley to visit attractions like Berkeley Repertory Theater and UC Theatre Taube Family Music Hall. You might also appreciate the abundant dining options, and you can hop on the metro at Downtown Berkeley Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(14 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in North Berkeley, Berkeley Municipal Rose Garden and Historic Berkeley are top sights worth seeing.
3.5/5Good!(53 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Elmwood, Telegraph Avenue and Chabad of the East Bay are top sights worth seeing.
While you're in South Berkeley, take in top sights like Telegraph Avenue and jump on the metro at Ashby Station to see more of the city.
3.5/5Good!(87 area reviews)
While there might not be top attractions in West Berkeley, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Berkeley Marina and Golden Gate Fields.
Travelers to Berkeley give high marks for the college vibe, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés, live music, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive, Greek Theater, and University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley.
- You'll find 200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oakland
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 14 mi (22.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Berkeley
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive, Greek Theater, and Magnes Collection of Jewish Art & Life. The city's natural beauty is on display at University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley, Tilden Regional Park, and People's Park. Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Memorial Stadium or Golden Gate Fields.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Berkeley. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza - This 4-star hotel in Downtown Berkeley features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to shopping.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Berkeley - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Claremont can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Lafayette Gallery, located 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Pier 39, which is 8.8 mi/14.2 km away.
Getting Around Berkeley
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Berkeley is simple. Nearby metro stations include North Berkeley Station and Ashby Station. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Berkeley Station.
Dressing for Berkeley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Berkeley gets about 26.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 43°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Berkeley?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Berkeley, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Berkeley?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Berkeley?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Downtown Berkeley?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Berkeley?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Berkeley?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Berkeley?
Where is the best hotel to stay near University of California, Berkeley?
What about the best place to stay near Berkeley Marina?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Berkeley?
What are some accommodations with pools in Berkeley?
Recent reviews of Berkeley hotels
More trip options
- Berkeley Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Berkeley Airports
- Hotels in Berkeley Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Berkeley Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Berkeley
- More Hotel Options in Berkeley
- More Popular Hotels in Oakland
- Other Hotels near Berkeley, Oakland
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends