Visiting Black Hawk
History buffs will enjoy exploring Black Hawk, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, magnificent mountain views, and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its spas and entertainment choices. Coors Brewery, National Center for Atmospheric Research, and Chautauqua Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Georgetown
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 19.2 mi (30.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 37.4 mi (60.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Black Hawk
A couple of favorite places to visit are Riviera Black Hawk Casino and Bullwhackers Casino. In the area, you'll also find Coors Brewery and National Center for Atmospheric Research.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Black Hawk. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and pool.
- Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Isle Casino Hotel Black Hawk - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to see in the area include Chautauqua Park, 14.7 mi/23.7 km from the heart of the city, and Folsom Field, which is 15.7 mi/25.3 km away.
Dressing for Black Hawk
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -2°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and -1°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Black Hawk is 12.01 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°F