Families will find kid-friendly activities in Burbank, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, entertainment choices, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its local tours, theaters, and cafés. Top sights in the city include NBC Studios, Warner Brothers Studio, and Walt Disney Studios.
- You'll find 4371 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope), 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Burbank
Well-known for its theaters, opera, and live music, the city's cultural venues include Gordon R. Howard Museum and Burbank Aviation Museum. Families come for attractions such as NBC Studios, Warner Brothers Studio, and Walt Disney Studios. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Los Angeles Equestrian Center is one place to visit.
In Burbank, there are 51 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Burbank Downtown, CA - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown Burbank can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles Burbank Airport - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Tangerine - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Top places to visit around the area include Hollywood Sign, located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city center, and Los Angeles Zoo, which is 3.4 mi (5.5 km) away.
Getting Around Burbank
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Downtown Burbank Station or Burbank Bob Hope Airport Station. Burbank might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Burbank
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Burbank gets about 16.65 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F