Visitors give high marks for the bustling port in Camden, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its opera houses.
- There are 387 hotels and other accommodations in Camden
- The closest major airport is in Rockland, ME (RKD-Knox County Regional), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wiscasset, ME (ISS), 36.3 mi (58.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Camden
Cultural venues in the city include Strand Theater, Maine Lighthouse Museum, and Owls Head Transportation Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse, Rockland Ferry Terminal, and Andre the Seal Statue. The seaside, hiking trails, and parks highlight the city's natural beauty, and Camden Hills State Park, Rockport Marine Park, and Rockland Harbor Park are worth a visit.
In Camden, you'll find 387 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Spouter Inn - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Blueberry Fields Bed and Breakfast - Our customers love the WiFi and quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- 250 Main Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Camden
With so many ways to get around, seeing Camden is a breeze. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Rockland Station. You can find out about your options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Camden
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Camden is 48.57 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F