Find Hotels in Canaan, ME
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 15, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 31, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 23, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 16, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 19, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2020
Visitors to Canaan are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Waterville, ME (WVL-Robert Lafleur), 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Canaan
Places to visit in the larger region include Skowhegan State Fairgrounds, JW Parks Golf Course, and Colby College. In the area, you'll also find Waterville Opera House and Redington Museum.
As you plan for your vacation to Canaan, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 20 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Towne Motel is 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the center of Canaan. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Skowhegan can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Budget Host Airport Inn is located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the heart of Canaan. This 2-star motel in Waterville features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel is 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from central Canaan. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Waterville can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Canaan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- About 42.76 inches of rain falls on Canaan each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F