Travelers to Coronado give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and vibrant setting. Top sights in the city include San Diego Coronado Bridge and Coronado Beach.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Coronado
- The closest major airport is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 10.3 mi (16.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coronado
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Coronado Beach, Coronado Municipal Beach, and Spreckels Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are San Diego Coronado Bridge and Coronado Municipal Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Coronado. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 1906 Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Marisol Coronado - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services.
- Glorietta Bay Inn Coronado Island - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include San Diego Convention Center, 3.2 mi/5.1 km from the city center, and Balboa Park, which is 4.8 mi (7.7 km) away.
Dressing for Coronado
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 8.94 inches of rain falls on Coronado each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F