Families will find kid-friendly activities in Emporia, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and shopping.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Emporia
- The closest major airport is in Topeka, KS (FOE-Forbes Field), 46.1 mi (74.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Emporia
Cultural venues in the city include Chase County Historical Society Museum, William Allen White House, and Old Depot Museum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Emporia State University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are David Traylor Zoo of Emporia and Chase County Courthouse.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Emporia. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Emporia - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Candlewood Suites Of Emporia - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a fitness center, and valet parking.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Emporia Northwest - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Emporia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 21°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Emporia is 36.39 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 22°F