Families will find kid-friendly activities in Escondido, and visitors give high marks for the popular zoo, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its breweries and beaches. Legoland California, San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and Carlsbad Premium Outlets are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Escondido
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SEE-Gillespie Field), 22.2 mi (35.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Escondido
Favorite places to visit in the city include San Diego Zoo Safari Park, California Center For The Arts, and Ferrara Winery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Orfila Vineyard and Winery and San Diego Archaeological Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Escondido. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Escondido Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Motel Mediteran Safari Park - Our customers like the quiet location and quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Welk Resorts San Diego - This 3.5-star hotel features 8 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Top places to see outside the city include Legoland California, located 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the heart of the city, and La Jolla Cove, which is 22 mi/35.4 km away.
Dressing for Escondido
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- About 14.25 inches of rain falls on Escondido each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 43°F