Visiting Grand Portage
Visitors can enjoy all that Grand Portage has to offer including the waterfalls and riverfront. There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Thunder Bay, ON (YQT-Thunder Bay Intl.), 34.6 mi (55.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Grand Portage
The city's natural beauty is on display at Grand Portage National Monument, Grand Portage State Park, and Superior National Forest. You'll also find Pigeon River Provincial Park and Grand Portage State Forest in the area.
Dressing for Grand Portage
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 39°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 56°F as the daytime average and 6°F as the nighttime average
- Grand Portage gets about 26.46 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°F