Grand Rapids Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 49 hotels and other lodging options in Grand Rapids, though there are only 2 inexpensive motels. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you save some cash compared to traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Fun fact: Motels made their debut in the 1920s as a place to stay for the weary traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motels often have free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Here are some of Expedia customers' favorite Grand Rapids motels available to book:
Forest Lake Motel
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
What to Do in Grand Rapids
Visitors to Grand Rapids like its lakeside and coffeehouses. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Pokegama Lake
- Sherry Arm Bay
- Blackwater Lake
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Judy Garland Museum
- Forest History Center
- Chippewa National Forest
Grand Rapids is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Grand Rapids
Figure out the ideal time to visit Grand Rapids by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 46° F and nighttime temperatures average -3° F
- April-June: 79° F is the daytime average and 24° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 81° F and nighttime averages are around 39° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 61° F during the day and -1° F at night
- Average rainfall is 28.94 inches in a year
How to Get to Grand Rapids and Around the Area
Grand Rapids Transportation
|Hibbing, MN (HIB-Chisholm-Hibbing) ||Airport ||34.5 mi (55.5 km) |