Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hickory, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, mountain views, and live music. Top sights in the city include Lake Norman and Pisgah National Forest.
- There are 110 hotels and other accommodations in Hickory
- The closest major airport is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 41.7 mi (67.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 42.5 mi (68.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hickory
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Hickory Community Theatre, Catawba Science Center, and Hickory Museum of Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like Hiddenite Gems Emerald Hollow Mine, Fort Defiance, Lenoir, NC, and Harper House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: Lake Norman, Pisgah National Forest, and Lake Hickory.
In Hickory, you'll be able to select from 110 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Clichy Inn Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- The Inn at Glen Alpine - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Lincolnton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hickory
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Hickory gets about 46.26 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F