Visitors to Ketchikan are sure to enjoy the riverfront and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and cafés.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Ketchikan
- The closest major airport is in Ketchikan, AK (KTN-Ketchikan Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Metlakatla, AK (MTM), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ketchikan
Cultural venues in the city include Totem Heritage Center, Dolly's House Museum, and Tongass Historical Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Settlers Cove State Recreational Site, Ward Lake, and Saxman Totem Park. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Port of Ketchikan is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ketchikan. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Black Bear Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a library. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping.
- My Place Hotel-Ketchikan, AK - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour business center.
- The Inn at Creek Street - With a stay at this 2.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Ketchikan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 62°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 55°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ketchikan is 141.18 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 64°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F