Families will find kid-friendly activities in Montpelier, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, cafés, and opera houses.
- You'll find 262 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Stowe
- The closest major airport is in Montpelier, VT (MPV-Edward F. Knapp State), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stowe, VT (MVL-Morrisville-Stowe State), 19.3 mi (31 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montpelier
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lost Nation Theater, T.W. Wood Gallery, and Vermont Historical Society Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Vermont State House and Vermont College of Fine Arts.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Montpelier. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites at Maplewood - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Inn at Montpelier - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Capitol Plaza Hotel & Conference Center - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Getting Around Montpelier
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Montpelier Station. Montpelier may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Montpelier
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Montpelier is 37.36 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F