Muskegon Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 177 hotels and other lodging options in Muskegon, though there are only 4 inexpensive motels. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs compared to traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Muskegon has to offer. Top sights include Michigan's Adventure and Grand Haven Beach.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you'll often find a free parking spot and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers' best-rated Muskegon motels available to book:
Travelodge by Wyndham Muskegon
- If driving, you'll be within 15 minutes of Grand Haven Beach.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 17 minutes of Grand Haven Beach by car.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and RV/bus/truck parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 13 minutes of Grand Haven Beach.
Lake Land Inn
- You'll be located within 10 minutes of Michigan's Adventure by car.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
What to Do in Muskegon
Those visiting Muskegon like its festivals and lakeside. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this historical area while you're out sightseeing.
Must-see local attractions include:
- Michigan's Adventure
- Grand Haven Beach
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Muskegon State Park
- Pere Marquette Park Beach
- Hoffmaster State Park
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- USS Silversides
- Hackley and Hume Historic Site
- USS LST 393
Muskegon is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Muskegon
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Muskegon by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 49° F and nighttime temperatures average 20° F
- April-June: 80° F is the daytime average and 32° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 81° F and nighttime averages are around 47° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 65° F during the day and 22° F at night
- Average rainfall is 33.50 inches in a year
How to Get to Muskegon and Around the Area
|Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County) ||Airport ||4.9 mi (7.9 km) |
|Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.) ||Airport ||43.6 mi (70.2 km) |