Visitors to Ooty are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Top sights in the city include Nilgiri Hills, Ooty Lake, and Doddabetta Peak.
- There are 202 hotels and other accommodations in Ooty
- The closest major airport is in Coimbatore (CJB), 34.8 mi (55.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kozhikode (CCJ-Calicut Intl.), 54.2 mi (87.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ooty
Notable city landmarks like St. Stephen's Church and Needle Rock View Point might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Nilgiri Hills, Ooty Lake, and Doddabetta Peak. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bandipur National Park and Mudumalai National Park.
In Ooty, there are 202 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Gateway Coonoor - IHCL SeleQtions - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, a bar, and a business center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Kurumba Village Resort – Nature Resorts, Nilgiris, India - Our customers like the helpful staff and overall condition at this resort. This 3.5-star resort features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Savoy - IHCL SeleQtions - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free valet parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Bandipur Tiger Reserve, located 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Ooty
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Ooty Udhagamandalam Station, Ooty Lovedale Station, or Ooty Ketti Station. Ooty might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ooty
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 98°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 65°F
- From April to June, the average is 98°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 66°F as the nighttime average
- About 24.76 inches of rain falls on Ooty each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 97°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F