Find Hotels in Palermo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Feb 29, 2020
Where to stay in Palermo
3.5/5Good!(15 area reviews)
While visiting Centro Storico, you might make a stop by sights like Teatro Massimo and Palermo Harbour.
4.5/5Wonderful!(136 area reviews)
Historic sites, museums, and gardens are some highlights of Kalsa. Make a stop by Palermo Harbour or Foro Italico while you're exploring.
Albergheria is noteworthy for its historic sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Ballaro Market and Quattro Canti.
Monte di Pieta
4.5/5Wonderful!(32 area reviews)
Monte di Pieta is noteworthy for its historic sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Teatro Massimo and Palermo Cathedral.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Palermo, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and local tours. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its monuments, cathedral, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Teatro Massimo, Regional Archaeological Museum, and Cathedral of Palermo.
- There are 954 hotels and other accommodations in Palermo
- The closest major airport is in Palermo (PMO-Punta Raisi), 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Palermo
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Teatro Massimo, Regional Archaeological Museum, and Palace of the Normans. Notable for its monuments, historic sites, and cathedral, the city's landmarks include Cathedral of Palermo, Church of San Cataldo, and Martorana. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Il Capo Market, Via Roma, and Via Maqueda.
In Palermo, you'll be able to select from 954 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- BB 10 Serpotta - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include a spa tub and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Suite 136 Luxury Rooms - Our customers love the helpful staff and local sightseeing at this B&B. This bed & breakfast in Ruggero Settimo features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a snack bar/deli.
- La Terrazza Sul Centro - This bed & breakfast in Kalsa features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Other favorite sights in Palermo include Regional Gallery, San Giovanni degli Eremiti, and Cappella Palatina. A popular place to see outside the city is Cathedral of Monreale, 4.5 mi/7.2 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Palermo
With so many transportation options, exploring Palermo is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Giachery Station, Fiera Station, and Imperatore Federico Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Palermo Palazzo Reale-Orleans Station, Palermo Central Station, or Palermo Notarbartolo Station.
Dressing for Palermo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 52°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Palermo each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 52°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Palermo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Palermo, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Palermo?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Palermo?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Ruggero Settimo?
What's the best accommodation in Castellammare?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Palermo?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Palermo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Palermo?
What's the best place to stay with easy access to Via Roma?
What about the best place to stay close to Mondello Beach?
Recent reviews of Palermo hotels
More trip options
- Palermo Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Palermo Airports
- Hotels in Palermo Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Palermo Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Palermo
- More Hotel Options in Palermo
- More Popular Hotels in Sicily
- Other Hotels near Palermo, Sicily
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends