Visiting Peggy's Cove
Visitors can enjoy all that Peggy's Cove has to offer including the seaside, sightseeing tours, and seafood restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe. Top sights in the area include Halifax Citadel and Public Gardens Park.
- You'll find 151 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Halifax
- The closest major airport is in Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.), 33 mi (53.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Peggy's Cove
Notable city landmarks like William E. deGarthe Memorial Monument and Peggy's Point Lighthouse might be worth a visit. You'll also find Indian Harbour Lighthouse and Saint Margarets Bay in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Peggy's Cove, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- A Truly Magical Holiday Experience Awaits - Incredible Views ! is 0.6 mi (1 km) from central Peggy's Cove. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Halifax can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Starfish Cottage - Nova Scotia is located 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the heart of Peggy's Cove. This 2.5-star hotel in Halifax features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Bluefin Cottage - Nova Scotia is 1.8 mi (3 km) from the center of Peggy's Cove. This 3.5-star hotel in Halifax features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Dressing for Peggy's Cove
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 42°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- About 1.65 inches of rain falls on Peggy's Cove each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 17°F