Find Hotels in Piney Woods, TX
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 8, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 24, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2020
Visiting Piney Woods
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Piney Woods, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, fun sporting events, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, festivals, and lakeside setting. Top sights in the city include Lake Conroe, Sam Houston National Forest, and Hughes Landing.
- There are 857 hotels and other accommodations in Piney Woods
- The closest major airport is in Nacogdoches, TX (OCH-A L Mangham Jr. Regional), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Longview, TX (GGG-East Texas Regional), 50.9 mi (81.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Piney Woods
The city is well known for its live music and festivals, and cultural venues include Texas Prison Museum, Perot Theater, and Pines Theater. Families come for attractions such as Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Hurricane Harbor Splashtown, and Texas State Railroad Rusk Depot. The city is notable for landmarks like Old Town Spring, Davy Crockett Memorial Park, and Redlands Hotel.
In Piney Woods, there are 857 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Maple Creek Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Delta Street Inn - Our customers like the central location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Piney Woods include Lake Conroe, Sam Houston National Forest, and Hughes Landing.
Getting Around Piney Woods
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Longview Station, Marshall Depot, or City of Mineola Transportation Complex. Piney Woods might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.