Pittsburgh Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 16 low-cost motels in Pittsburgh among more than 338 hotels and other accommodations. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of what Pittsburgh has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include PNC Park, Monongahela Incline, and PPG Paints Arena.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the weary traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motel properties often include free parking, and many have outdoor pools.
Here are some of Expedia customers' favorite Pittsburgh motels available to book:
Motel 6 Pittsburgh - Crafton
- Stay within a short 7-minute drive of The Mall at Robinson.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Days Inn by Wyndham Monroeville Pittsburgh
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a short 7-minute drive of Sri Venkateswara Temple.
Days Inn by Wyndham Pittsburgh-Harmarville
- Enjoy access to the fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of PNC Park and University of Pittsburgh.
Quality Inn & Suites North
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Ross Park Mall and Andy Warhol Museum.
- A nightclub along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Stay within a short 6-minute drive of Meadows Racetrack and Casino.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, free WiFi, and laundry facilities.
What to Do in Pittsburgh
In this vibrant area, you can enjoy the acclaimed theater scene and scenic riverfront while you're sightseeing. People visiting Pittsburgh love its university life.
Here are some popular places:
- PNC Park
- Monongahela Incline
- PPG Paints Arena
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Point State Park
- Phipps Conservatory
- West End-Elliott Overlook Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- National Aviary
- Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium
Pittsburgh is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Pittsburgh
Figure out the ideal time to visit Pittsburgh by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 55° F and nighttime temperatures average 21° F
- April-June: 82° F is the daytime average and 36° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 49° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 68° F during the day and 23° F at night
- Average rainfall is 39.29 inches in a year
How to Get to Pittsburgh and Around the Area
|Pittsburgh, PA (PIT-Pittsburgh Intl.) ||Airport ||13.9 mi (22.3 km) |
|Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional) ||Airport ||33.5 mi (53.9 km) |
|Indiana, PA (IDI-Indiana County - Jimmy Stewart) ||Airport ||49.1 mi (79 km) |
|Wood Street Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.2 km) |
|Gateway Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.2 km) |
|Steel Plaza Station ||Metro Station ||0.3 mi (0.5 km) |
|Pittsburgh Station ||Train Station ||0.5 mi (0.8 km) |