History buffs will enjoy exploring Prescott, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its breweries, art, and mountain views. A top sight in the city is Whiskey Row.
- There are 216 hotels and other accommodations in Prescott
- The closest major airport is in Prescott, AZ (PRC-Prescott Municipal), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cottonwood, AZ (CTW), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Prescott
Well-known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Sharlot Hall Museum, Smoki Museum, and Highlands Center for Natural History. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Whiskey Row and Prescott Historic Downtown. The hiking trails and mountain views exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Thumb Butte and Fain Park.
In Prescott, you'll find 216 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Prescott - This 3-star hotel in Yavapai Hills features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Prescott - Our customers love the family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Downtown Prescott Valley can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Verde Canyon Railroad, 28.5 mi/45.9 km from the city center.
Dressing for Prescott
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Prescott is 17.94 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 24°F