Visiting Puerto Quetzal
Travelers to Puerto Quetzal will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Guatemala City (GUA-La Aurora Intl.), 47.5 mi (76.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto Quetzal
San Jose Beach is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan for your vacation to Puerto Quetzal, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 17 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Luxury Villas Monterrico is located 11.5 mi (18.4 km) from the heart of Puerto Quetzal. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Monterrico can enjoy access to a private beach and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hotel Soleil Pacifico is 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the center of Puerto Quetzal. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Puerto San Jose can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Paredon Surf House is 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from central Puerto Quetzal. This 2.5-star hotel in El Paredon features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Dressing for Puerto Quetzal
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 65°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 97°F, while the average at night is 69°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 93°F and nighttime averages of 66°F
- Puerto Quetzal gets about 1.77 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 65°F