Visiting Redwood City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Redwood City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its cafés, theaters, and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Computer History Museum, Mavericks, and California's Great America.
- You'll find 566 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Carlos, CA (SQL), 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County), 7 mi (11.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Redwood City
The city is known for its theaters, live music, and opera, along with cultural venues like Fox Theatre. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Woodside Central Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marlin Park and Filoli.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Redwood City. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Redwood City Redwood Shores - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Courtyard by Marriott Redwood City - Our customers like the WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Redwood City-Central - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Computer History Museum, located 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Mavericks, which is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) away.
Getting Around Redwood City
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Redwood City Station. Redwood City may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Redwood City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Redwood City gets about 19.88 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 41°F