Rochester Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Portsmouth area, there are 21 inexpensive motels among the more than 198 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
When you save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Rochester. In the larger area, favorite places to visit include Ogunquit Beach, Kittery Outlets, and Marginal Way.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace at the end of the 1940s with the popularity of car travel and road trip vacations, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll often have access to your room from an outside corridor overlooking the parking lot.
Below you'll find some of our customers' top motels in the larger area:
Anchorage Inn of Rochester
- If driving, you'll be within 20 minutes of University of New Hampshire (UNH).
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Juniper Hill Inn
- An indoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Rochester is 19.3 mi (31 km) away
Motel 6 Portsmouth
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the heart of Rochester
Kittery Inn and Suites
- Central Rochester is 18.4 mi (29.7 km) away
- A seasonal outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
InnSeason Resorts The Falls at Ogunquit, a VRI resort
- 19.3 mi (31 km) from the heart of Rochester
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, free parking, and fitness center.
Things to Do in Rochester
Those visiting Rochester have good things to say about the restaurants. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this family-friendly area while you're out sightseeing.
Here are favorite places in and around Rochester:
- Ogunquit Beach
- Kittery Outlets
- Marginal Way
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Rochester Common
- Baxter Lake
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Bedrock Gardens
- Center for Wildlife
- Great Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
Rochester is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Rochester
Decide when you'd like to visit Rochester by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 49° F and nighttime temperatures average 9° F
- April-June: 79° F is the daytime average and 28° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 82° F and nighttime averages are around 41° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 65° F during the day and 14° F at night
- Average rainfall is 49.17 inches in a year
How to Get to Rochester and Around the Area
|Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional) ||Airport ||15 mi (24.1 km) |
|Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.) ||Airport ||17.3 mi (27.9 km) |
|Concord, NH (CON-Concord Municipal) ||Airport ||27.6 mi (44.5 km) |