Find Hotels in Durham, NH
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 19, 2020
Visitors to Durham are sure to enjoy the university setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's basketball games, shopping, and riverfront. A top sight in the area is Fort Constitution Historical Site.
- You'll find 108 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portsmouth
- The closest major airport is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 22.3 mi (35.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Durham
The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of New Hampshire is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Adams Point to your agenda.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Three Chimneys Inn - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Fort Constitution Historical Site, located 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Durham
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Durham Station. Durham may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Durham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Durham gets about 50.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F