Travelers to Rochford will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Southend Pier, Rochester Cathedral, and Rochester Castle are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 307 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rochford
Southend Pier, Rochester Cathedral, and Rochester Castle are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. You'll also find Mangapps Railway Museum and Southend-on-Sea City Hall in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Rochford, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 49 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel is 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from central Rochford. This 3-star hotel in Gravesend features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Campanile restaurant BASILDON - East of London is located 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the heart of Rochford. This 2.5-star hotel in Basildon features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Hotel Continental is 20.5 mi (32.9 km) from the center of Rochford. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Whitstable can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Rochford
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Rochford Station or Southend Airport Station. Rochford might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Rochford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Rochford gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F