Find Hotels in Southend-on-Sea
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $69
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Travelers to Southend-on-Sea give high marks for the seaside and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Southend Pier, Rochester Cathedral, and Rochester Castle.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Southend-on-Sea
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southend-on-Sea
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and such places to visit as Thorpe Bay Beach and Shoebury East Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Southend Pier and New Empire Theatre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Southend-on-Sea. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Beaches Guest house - Adults Only - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Gleneagles Guesthouse - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 3.5-star guesthouse include parking.
- Camelia Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Rochester Cathedral, 13.7 mi/22 km from the city center, and Rochester Castle, which is 13.7 mi (22 km) away.
Getting Around Southend-on-Sea
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Southend-on-Sea Southend Central Station, Southend Victoria Station, or Southend East Station. Southend-on-Sea might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Southend-on-Sea
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for Southend-on-Sea is 1.02 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Southend-on-Sea?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Southend-on-Sea, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Southend-on-Sea?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Southend-on-Sea?
What's the best accommodation when traveling with kids to Southend-on-Sea?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Southend-on-Sea?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Southend-on-Sea?
Where is the best place to stay close to Adventure Island?
What about the best place to stay close to Southend Pier?
What's the best place for a beach vacation in Southend-on-Sea?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Southend-on-Sea?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Southend-on-Sea?
Recent reviews of Southend-on-Sea hotels
More trip options
- Southend-on-Sea Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Southend-on-Sea Airports
- Hotels in Southend-on-Sea Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Southend-on-Sea Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Southend-on-Sea
- More Hotel Options in Southend-on-Sea
- More Popular Hotels in England
- Other Hotels near Southend-on-Sea, England
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends