Visiting San Juan Capistrano
Visitors to San Juan Capistrano are sure to enjoy the beaches, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and cafés. Top sights around the area include Main Beach Park, Mission San Juan Capistrano, and Irvine Spectrum Center.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in San Juan Capistrano
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley), 23.6 mi (38 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Juan Capistrano
A couple of favorite places to visit are Mission San Juan Capistrano and The Coach House. Additionally, in the area you'll find Main Beach Park and Irvine Spectrum Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in San Juan Capistrano. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Dana Point San Juan Capistrano - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and first-rate property condition.
- Best Western Capistrano Inn - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Americas Best Value Laguna Inn & Suites - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Balboa Pier, located 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Newport Pier, which is 22.6 mi/36.3 km away.
Getting Around San Juan Capistrano
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from San Juan Capistrano Depot. San Juan Capistrano might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for San Juan Capistrano
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 46°F at night
- About 13.66 inches of rain falls on San Juan Capistrano each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 47°F