Families will find kid-friendly activities in Springfield, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, entertainment choices, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theaters, university setting, and sporting events. A top sight in the city is Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodations in Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Springfield, MO (SGF-Springfield-Branson National), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Branson, MO (BKG), 47.1 mi (75.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Springfield
The city is well known for its theaters and opera, and cultural venues include Wonders of Wildlife Museum & Aquarium, Discovery Center of Springfield, and Bushmasters Rockin Race Place & Hot Rod Museum. Families come for attractions such as Dickerson Park Zoo, Wild Animal Safari, and Smallin Civil War Cave. The city is notable for landmarks like Pythian Castle, Abou Ben Adhem Shrine Mosque, and Landers Theater.
In Springfield, you'll find 104 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Walnut Street Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Walnut Street features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Springfield-Southeast - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Dickey House Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Springfield include Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World.
Dressing for Springfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- About 45.55 inches of rain falls on Springfield each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F