Visitors can enjoy all that Tangier has to offer including its museums. There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tangier
A favorite place to visit in the city is Tangier History Museum. In the area, you'll also find J. Millard Tawes Museum and Somers Cove Marina.
As you plan for your vacation to Tangier, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 34 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Days Inn by Wyndham Onley is located 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the heart of Tangier. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Onley can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and quiet rooms.
- The Charlotte Hotel & Restaurant is 15.3 mi (24.7 km) from central Tangier. This 3.5-star hotel in Onancock features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Gables Victorian Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn is 15.8 mi (25.5 km) from the center of Tangier. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Reedville can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Tangier
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Average annual rainfall for Tangier is 41.61 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 32°F