Travelers to Thetford give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its forests and coffeehouses.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Thetford
- The closest major airport is in Norwich (NWI-Norwich Intl.), 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG), 30.7 mi (49.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thetford
The forests, gardens, and countryside exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Lynford's Stag and Arboretum and Wayland Wood. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Martin Cathedral and Watton Clock Tower.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Thetford. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Olde Windmill Inn - This 3.5-star inn features free WiFi, free parking, and 3 bars. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Elveden Inn - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this inn. This 5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- The Crown Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Ely Cathedral, 20.7 mi/33.3 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Thetford
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Thetford Station. Thetford might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Thetford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Thetford gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F