Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Trinidad, which is also known for its mountain views and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and museums. In Trinidad, there are 36 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Trinidad
Cultural venues in the city include Francisco Fort Museum, Museum of Friends, and Louden-Henritze Archaeology Museum. Notable city landmarks like Ludlow Massacre Memorial and Ave Maria Shrine might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Trinidad Lake State Park and Lathrop State Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Trinidad. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dodgeton Creek Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Trinidad - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- La Veta Inn - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Trinidad
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Trinidad Station. Trinidad might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Trinidad
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Trinidad gets about 13.84 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F