Families will find kid-friendly activities in Valdosta, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, entertainment choices, and theaters.
- You'll find 77 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Thomasville
- The closest major airport is in Valdosta, GA (VLD-Valdosta Regional), 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Thomasville, GA (TVI-Thomasville Regional), 36 mi (57.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Valdosta
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Theatre Guild Valdosta, Lowndes County Historical Society Museum, and Annette Howell Turner Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Valdosta Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Top activities include taking adventure tours and wildlife viewing, while Grand Bay Wildlife Management Area is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Valdosta. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta, GA - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Valdosta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Average annual rainfall for Valdosta is 50.63 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 40°F